1. General information
The safety of your personal data is a major priority for Deutsche Telekom AG. It is important to us to keep you informed about what personal data we record when you visit our websites, how these data are used and what options are available to you regarding the storage and use of your data. This Privacy Statement answers the most important questions you may have.
2. What data do we record, and how are they used?
a) To provide our services
We aim to expand and enhance our web pages to better adapt them to your interests. We use Piwik, especially privacy-friendly open-source software for statistical analysis of website visits, to help us achieve this.
– Technical features: When you visit our websites, our web servers temporarily record the domain name or IP address of your computer, the client file request (file name and URL), the http response code and the website from which you have come to our site. These data are deleted when your online session ends.
– For some offerings we use persistent cookies that help us analyze website use and are stored on your computer for future sessions. These cookies are valid for an unlimited period of time. Your IP address will be anonymised immediately after processing and only analyzed in aggregated form.
You can adjust your browser settings to prevent these cookies being stored or to automatically delete them at the end of your online session; please note however that in this case you may not be able to take advantage of the full functionality of our websites.
– Other personal data, such as your name, your address, your telephone number or your eMail address will not be recorded unless you provide this information voluntarily.
b) As provided for by law
We use your data for purposes provided for by law. Your IP address is stored for seven days to help us identify abuse and to detect and rectify errors.
3. Where are my data processed?
Your data will usually be processed in Germany. Only rarely and to the extent permitted by law may your data also be processed outside Germany.
4. How safe are my data?
We have adopted extensive technical and operational security measures in accordance with German law to protect your personal data from unauthorized access and misuse.
5. Will my data be passed on to third parties, e.g. public authorities?
Yes, we are required to pass on some data under strict contractual and legal constraints:
a) To external service providers for data processing: When service providers come into contact with our customers’ personal data, this occurs in the course of what is known as commissioned data processing (Auftragsdatenverarbeitung). German data protection law expressly provides for this (§ 11 Bundesdatenschutzgesetz). In these cases Telekom remains responsible for the safety of your data. Service providers act exclusively as instructed by us. We ensure this through strict contractual regulations, through technical and organizational measures and through additional checks.
b) As obligated by law: In certain cases we are legally obligated to transfer data to public authorities on request.
Upon receipt of a court order we are obligated as per § 101 of the German Copyright Act to provide holders of copyrights and intellectual property rights with information on customers alleged to have offered copyrighted works on file-sharing services. In these cases we provide the user ID of an IP address assigned at the requested point in time as well as the customer’s name and address if these are known to us.
We make no other data available to third parties unless you have expressly authorized us to do so or this is provided for by law.
6. Is my IP address stored?
We store your IP address for seven days after the connection is terminated in order to detect abuse (spam, viruses, worms etc.) and eliminate errors in our network.
7. Is my usage analyzed, e.g. for advertising purposes?
– Within the scope permitted by law we create pseudonymous usage profiles which we can analyze for advertising and market research purposes. We cannot link these profiles directly back to you, and do not link profile data to other information about you.
– Website analysis with Piwik
We aim to expand and enhance our websites to better adapt them to your interests. We use the Piwik (www.piwik.org) analysis methods to help us achieve this, and store data for this purpose. The servers of this website are located in Germany. The process anonymises your data as they are recorded and evaluates them in aggregated form.
Your Internet browser automatically transmits data to our server any time you access our websites. These data include time and date of access, URL (address) of the referring website, accessed file, transferred data volume, the http response code, browser type and version, any installed browser extensions, your operating system and your IP address (in shortened and anonymised form). They are stored separately from other data that you submit in the course of using our sites and contain no information that allows conclusions to be drawn about specific individuals.
If you do not agree to allow us to store and analyze your data from your visit to www.tolino.de, you can opt out of this storage and use at any time with a click of your mouse. In this case we will place an opt-out cookie in your browser that tells Piwik not to store any session data whatsoever.
Caution: If you delete your cookies, this opt-out cookie will also be deleted and you will have to reactivate it.
X Your visit to this website is currently being tracked by Piwik web analysis software. Click here if you do not wish your visits to our sites to be tracked.
8. Can I request information about my stored data?
You can request information about the extent, the source and the recipients of your stored data as well as the purpose for which they are stored.
9. Can I request corrections to my data?
You can request that we correct incorrect data at any time.
10. Where can I find more information on data privacy at Telekom?
More information, including on data privacy in specific products, is available at Privacy at Deutsche Telekom.
11. Whom can I contact if I have questions regarding data privacy at tolino?
If you have any questions, please contact our contact for Data Protection, Mrs. Schmaida at email@example.com.
As at: 5/1/2015, Deutsche Telekom AG